Wednesday 12 December 2007

Updates: Portugal















HAPPY BIRTHDAY RINUS!

Gosh time is flying. I haven't really been writing much but I have been keeping a sort of video diary on Dailymotion.
Here I am in Portugal busy going through the Christmas motions with family. The weather is glorious; crystal blue skies with pure fresh air. I find it really chilly and am suffering from an incessant cold that I just can't shake off. On the plus side, the opportunity to wear winter clothes is delightful, mixing and matching Thai summerish clothes with forgotten treasures I had boxed away. My favourite has got to be a black knitted dress with my tan suede knee high boots....it feels so good to be able to wear layers and accessorise with scarves, hats, belts etc. LOL! This may sound a little crazy, but those of you who know what it is like to be limited to summer clothes (which of course I love too, especially dresses and skirts) for a few years, can probably empathise.
Besides looking forward to wearing new outfits every morning, my days are filled with walks with Amandio and Lord (plus any of our nephews if they are around), relaxing, reading, eating, cooking, chatting, roaming around the streets and shops in Tomar.
We went to Lisbon for two days. Once again, I am in awe of the city. I LOVE IT.... and miss the familiarity, the coziness .... this feeling lives strongly within me, never to be forgotten. Home :-) I dreamt of returning one day and buying a house in Campo do Ourique. Beautiful. After wandering around my old haunts and filming what delights my eyes, I spent hours putting together a film (to be uploaded onto DM tomorrow) which I think really captures the magic, the sloppy juxtaposition of old and new, the essence of Ulysses' seven headed serpeant.
My parents are coming next week which I am really looking forward to. Lovely long days are stretching ahead of me here. Happy and relaxing :-)

1 comment:

秀芬 said...

Nice photos. Enjoy the holidays and keep blogging when you have time.