Sunday 27 May 2007

Poetry: Windswept


Howling wind through woven thatch,
You challenge me to enter thy wrath.
With forceful gusts you bellow my name,
Trepid excitement I submit to your game.

Violently you hurl sand at my ankles,
Enthral me with white capped waves.
Needles of sea spray lash at my face,
Windswept palm trees lose their grace.

My determined steps defy your power,
Yet stand in awe of greatest splendour.
Crushing all that stand up against you,
How my chosen path is forced askew.

Like a pawn I bend to commands so pure,
Life is humbled in the wake of grandeur.
To survive I surrender to your might,
No rules, accepting, I relinquish the fight.

Aware of my trust you see a worthy ally,
Arms outstretched, I welcome passionate fury.
I undo my hair inviting your advances,
With wild abandon, our freedom dances.

Playfully we wrestle like lion and lioness,
Your magnitude becomes a loving caress.
Laughing together we let go of control,
Filling my lungs you rejuvenate my soul.

No comments: