Saturday 2 June 2007

Poetry: Mother



Happy Birthday! (02-06-07)
This photo was taken last January when Elma and Rinus where visiting us in Thailand. I love this photo. Rinus looks like a wealthy businessman on safari and Elma an impish child :-)

My Mother
Elma, my mother, my friend, my light,
Many names, but one compassionate heart.
A heart whose love shows no bounds,
That has gently guided me through my life,
Giving me freedom to choose my own way.
Awareness and reflection always encouraged,
Revealing the complex workings of our souls.
You taught me to turn inwards, look at myself,
Find a path where I'm at peace with my feelings.
Buddhism, Celtic mysticism, Catholicism mingle,
Introducing a kaleidoscope of unearthly colours.
Your personal quest to reach enlightenment,
The strength to be an independent woman,
To live your life not only as a single mother.
You awakened my passion for beauty,
Tragic love with Oscar Wilde fireside tales,
Preserved and fed the magic of childhood,
Your touch turning our simple home to gold.
Your being resonates lovingly on my soul.
Elma, I love you.

No comments: