Tuesday 26 June 2007

Updates: Back in BKK












Gosh, it has been over a week since I last wrote something! That goes to show that I have been extremely busy lately. Our first job when we arrived from The Maldives was to go 'healthy' shopping and buy a 'Juice Extractor' for the new diet! (which surprisingly is being followed so far). This diet is a lot of hard work - for me, that is; making veggie drinks every morning and salads and soups twice a week:-) I have started working out again in the gym, building up to 5kms per session and trying to get my running fitness back up to what it was a month ago.
The night after we arrived we went to a lovely dinner in an Italian restaurant with Amandio's work colleagues. The following night we went to an Irish bar 'The Dubliner' with another group of friends - great live music. I had a Shepherd's Pie (I didn't realise how much I missed good old Irish pub grub! Infact, I am drooling right now thinking of it - withdrawal symptoms with all these salads!).
Work is keeping me busy, teaching 7 full days last week and 5 full days this week (starting tomorrow, Wednesday). Nevertheless, my social life is really picking up. We also had a meal here at home (I made Bolognese - not from the bottle - and apple crumble), went out for dinner with Jeremy (a family friend from Amsterdam who is here on business for a week) to Cabbages and Condoms (Thai restaurant on our street), then had dinner and a facial with Nina (Armenian-Ukranian friend)and yesterday on my first day off in what feels like ages, went to a temple with Jeremy. Today I am vegging and putting together some new vids.
I am really excited that we have booked our flights to Portugal. I am looking forward to seeing all the family again (saudades) and a cool surprise, Sandra my best friend there will have just given birth to a baby boy (glad I'm not missing that!). Hmmm.. that means I'll have to tell work I am off again for a few weeks :-)
What a life!!!

No comments: