Monday 11 June 2007

Updates: Farewell Maldives




I am slowly packing my things, listening and dancing to 'You're Beautiful' James Blunt. The Maldivian dream has come to an end. I returned all 5 books I read to the library :-) I only just managed to finish 'Dear John' by Nicholas Sparks. This is a really great read; a beautiful, generous, unselfish modern love story....
Yesterday we went to the Spa for a massage - I decided to punish myself with a hard 'Swedish' massage. I love the hard pressure, very painful but after I feel like I am floating, all the knots kneaded out. (A bit sore this morning though!) Amandio opted for the more relaxing holistic massage. This luxurious pampering was followed by a bubble bath together in our open-air bathroom! I felt all of Amandio's stress easing away - after a month of Opera software installation (buzz words being: two way interface, data migration, neglected SOPs, upgrades, shell build, complications) and an all nighter when they went 'live' on Saturday. Boy, am I going to miss this bathroom!! One of the greatest luxuries - a spacious, bright, airy bathroom.

We are flying to Male at 3pm, then visiting the resort in Gili for a few hours before taking the boat back to Male and on to BKK. We will arrive there at 3am - I am glad that I have two days to settle down before I start work on Thursday.
One thing we have both solemly sworn after yesterday is that we are going to take more advantage of the Thai foot massages! It feels so good! Amandio's diet (as per nutritionist) is also going to start in earnest there - so plenty of things to look forward to :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bela vida!!!!!!
Também gostava de ter uma casa-de-banho dessas!!