Thursday 5 July 2007

Poetry: Life in a moment


Life in a moment

Palpitating drums resonate on my heart
Waves of nausea rolling in with the tide
Fluttering wings brush against inner walls

Three minutes it said, feels like forever
Standing on an island of hope
Clock ticking, mind racing

Four years we've had this dream

I never thought my life would be so
Waiting upon two parallel lines

Maybe this moment is too soon?
Should we have waited a few days more?

Fear wanders through dark corridors
Envisaging disappointment at each turn
Excitement and hope crushed in a glimpse

The big hand marks the advent of fate
Shades of trepidation blend with magic

An earthy presence centres my soul
Supporting me, a solid pillar of strength
A softened rock with delicate blossoms

His fingers lovingly weave through mine
I daren't look…
My hands cover my face

Peering through the concealing fog
I question…
My eyes search his face for signs

Eternity in a single heartbeat…

Shadows recede with a rising sun
His smile lifts my hopes to crescendos
Drawing me to him, I cry a river of release

Oh yes!
Breathe!

Three hearts beating as one

Life…

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Que bonito! Fizeste bem em descrever esse momento tão angustiante... mas com uma bela surpresa!
Mil beijos aos 3 corações.