Wednesday 5 September 2007

Updates: Flowers


Today was my first day back at work after a few days off. I was actually looking forward to it but as fate would have it my body thought otherwise. Coming out of the lift I suddenly started seeing stars and a bottomless pit of darkness and felt a constricting feeling in my head... Alarm bells started ringing, I've had this before .... and I fainted. Luckily my private student (a dermatologist) was in the elevator with me and new immediately what to do. After what must have been a bit of fussing about I came to, had some water, breathed deeply and felt colour flowing back into my cheeks. Explanation? Period started yesterday, bit of pain and large blood loss - showing signs of anemia again. Damn! Thought I was over the whole operation thing. Had planned to start running again - guess I'll have to wait until next week.
I felt well enough to teach (one-to-one class). The topic was 'Taking Medical History', material I had written a few days ago and wanted to trial out. It was quite appropriate really and spent the next three hours discussing my health problems with my student practising and consolidating question forms, intonation, tenses and prepositional phrases.
I took a taxi home as I didn't feel confident enough to take the BTS. Didn't want to risk fainting amidst a whole lot of strangers. After some rest at home I felt as right as rain again (Hmmm, that must be an Irish expression - dunno where that came from! LOL). AMandio was also a sweetheart and came home early to tend to me with a lovely bunch of flowers he'd bought on the street in hand. Soup, chatting and a movie later I am feeling a lot more like my old self. Bed early I guess. I have a relatively easy day teaching again tomorrow. I'm going to see the doctor this week to discuss IVF and put a plan into action. Keep you posted :-)

1 comment:

秀芬 said...

Amandio is such a sweetheart! Hope you are getting healthy now