Wednesday 3 September 2008

IVF 5 & 6

IVF 5 was a trip to the hospital on Saturday afternoon (28th) to do another ultrasound to check the development of the follicles. The report reads that my uterus is growing in thickness, the endometrial thickness being 10.3 for double layers (appears to be perfect). This time the leading follicle was 21.4mm and the 10 others ranged from 9mm to 19.2mm. Ready to start the process...



IVF 6.. that evening at 10pm (exactly 35hours before the retrieval of the eggs) I had to go to emergency to get another injection to induce ovulation. We actually had friends over for a Blackjack night, but Amandio came with me anyway, the sweetheart. This time it was in my stomach.. excruciating!! Just the thought of a needle entering my stomach had it in convulsions almost and the nurse had to relax me into it. What probably freaks me out the most is that stomachs are prone to involuntary jerks.. that could have disasterous results in my mind if a needle is also involved. The nurse was great and it all went smoothly. Meanwhile Amandio bought some Cafe Lattes and brownies from Starbucks (you haven't been to a real hospital until you have seen the opulence that is Bumrungrad. It is more a mix of a hotel and shopping mall.

No comments: