Thursday 14 May 2009

The journey so far




journey so far
Video sent by footprint-s

From 13-08-08 to 14-05-09



The above is a link to a movie I made with all the photos and ultrasounds from conception to now (lol.. I am bored of waiting!).

Did I mention that I am ready!?? All the baby clothes are washed and ironed, the bedding in the craddle, the nappies and all the baby products in place on the changing table, my hospital bag packed and mentally geared up for labour.

Amandio bought me three South Sea pearls (silver white) for the birth from a wholesaler/ jewel trader colleague friend. Despite 'birth presents' being a tradition in his family, I wasn't expecting anything seeing as we already invested a lot in the IVF treatment and I had already received the blue sapphire ring at the beginning of the pregnancy. My sweety had saved for it though and of course I was very chuffed! The next surprise was that I had to go to our jewellers and design the ring itself. That was fun and I am sooo pleased with the result. Now I just have to wait until I can actually wear it.. another reason (though, of course, not the main one) for Amandio Jr. to make an appearance!

Most of these past two weeks I have spent my time 'nesting' a medical term coining the period when the mother organises her house and decorates etc. In my case, I am permanently in this condition as I love making home :-) Preparing my parents room did take up quite a lot of my time. I had nothing else much to do anyway and as I was feeling good and mostly energetic, browsing through fabric shops (in the end I designed an embroidery pattern on Thai silk to create a frame and hang above the bed), bedding departments, plant nurseries etc was a perfect way to pass the time. I've also continued teaching private students at home and completed Season 6 of 24.

No comments: