Sunday 1 April 2007

Music: Ceol, Caint agus Craic


Growing up my world has always been full of music, largely thanks to my mother and step father. I have very fond memories of singing our hearts out in the warm glow of the open fire on cold winter nights. Mostly traditional Irish songs or belting out tuneless Bob Dylan songs :-) Or the joy of lying snug in my bed, the aroma of fresh morning coffee being carried up the stairs with the tinkle of a sweet classical melody. Other evenings, family friends would come over for lively, fun Ceili sessions - piano, accordions, violins, tin whistles. 'Beidh ceol, caint agus craic againn' (We'll have music, chat and crack).
It has always been a lifelong dream of mine to play the piano, but somehow it never seemed to materialise. Finally, for our three year wedding anniversary, Amandio bought me a second hand piano as a surprise. Needless to say, I was overjoyed. I have been having lessons for the past few months (tearing my hair out trying to read music). It is slow progress but I feel quite passionate about it, strengthening my determination to be able to play it soulfully. One day I might feel brave enough to post one of my own 'attempts' here. However, for now I felt like showing a recent moment shared in Bangkok with my family when they were here visiting.
Playing on the strings of nostalgia...
Click on the above links and enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there іt's me, I am also visiting this web page regularly, this web site is truly fastidious and the visitors are truly sharing fastidious thoughts.

Also visit my webpage :: key terms fraud misrepresentation