Tuesday 24 April 2007

Poetry: Enigma of Me














enigma
1449, from L. ænigma "riddle," from Gk. ainigma, from ainissesthai "speak obscurely, speak in riddles," from ainos "fable, riddle," of unknown origin.
1. One that is puzzling, ambiguous, or inexplicable.
2. A perplexing speech or text; a riddle.

Image: Infinite Enigma, Salvador Dali


Enigma of Me

My words proclaim the enigma of me,
subconscious, soul searching soliloquy.
From the hidden archives of my mind,
in images and shadows, mysteries I find.

Words manifest from unknown places,
in trance like illusion, many faces.
Personified I am, with wrong and right,
sadness and joy rendezvous in the night.

I encounter what makes me sing,
yet shadows to my heart they bring.
Horsemen galloping across my soul,
offer peace in a golden alms bowl.

I find repose again in the nocturnal,
reborn in a dark, midnight tribunal
A guilty rose, my broken muse,
bending in the light of a crimson sunrise.

No comments: